The Oaks Tamarindo is located in a between two of the most beautiful beaches in the area, Playa Tamarindo and Playa Grande. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to be close to town, not in town, with easy access to all the best beaches, easy car excursions, and bus service.
The Oaks is not in town, and we are not within walking distance of the beach. We are located in a peaceful natural setting on a great paved road with easy access to all the best beaches. A car is desirable but not absolutely necessary.
Public buses stop every hour near the gated entrance less than a two-minute walk from your residence. Hired cars, taxis and tour vans provide private transportation. A taxi trip to town costs about $10 and takes 10 minutes. When you come to Costa Rica, you can also rent a 4×4 so that you can go exploring.
How centrally located are we?
- Forty-eight minutes to Liberia International Airport on a great paved road.
- Ten minutes to Tamarindo on a paved road, 8 minutes to Playa Conchal and Brasilito, and 18 minutes to Flamingo, all on a great paved road.
- Eighteen minutes to Playa Potrero with great local bars, on the same great paved road, topped off by a potholed dirt road for the last 5 minutes.
- Twenty-five minutes to the world-class surf beaches at Playa Avellanas and Playa Negra. First on that great paved road, then onto a ridiculous pot-holed dirt and gravel road.
- Twenty minutes to Playa Grande on a great paved road, and 30 minutes to Playa Pirata first on the great paved road, then on a dirt road that makes the road to Playa Avellanas look good.
Befitting its country setting, The Oaks has a gated entrance, 24-hour security, four beautiful swimming pools with two ranch areas, and by appointment, massage therapists (or a gourmet chef) who will come to your vacation home.